Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Hair today, gone tomorrow?

Went shopping for hats today in anticipation of my hair's impending disappearance. Just as I was stepping out the door to do this the mailman (well, mailpersonne, as it happens) arrived with a parcel from the USA. Imaging my delight on opening it to find a beautiful handknitted beanie hat with matching scarf, crafted especially for me by the lovely Barb Grengs (see September archive, "Bye, Bye, Boobie.") What wonderful friends I have.

The hair is still hanging in. I keep tugging at it to see if I can get a handful out; this would make an amusing party trick, but so far it doesn't work. Perhaps I should visit a barber's to get my head shaved. But having read of this poor guy's experience (see below) I think I'll keeping tugging and waiting.

An obviously new barber nicked a customer several times while giving him a shave.

The new man, in an effort to smooth things over asked solicitously, "Do you want your head wrapped in a hot towel?"

"No thanks." said the customer. "I'll carry it home under my arm."


Happy weekend, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home