Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Those steroids have SO much to answer for...

I'm still eating. Enough for six hyperactive lumberjacks with a double workload even though I haven't touched a steroid since Sunday.

Soon we will have to have the doorways widened here at our house and probably have the floors strengthened at the same time. The local supermarkets think Christmas shopping has started early and share/stock values of Tesco and Marks & Spencer (UK food havens) have trebled since my first chemo session. Coincidence? Hah!

When will the bubble burst? Or more to the point, when will my abdomen burst? I keep trying to put myself off eating with little success. Then I look forward to the coming Holiday Season longing for some roast turkey. Aha, maybe the prospect of avian flu will seal my lips on that one .... d'you think?

For the time being here is the story (one of my favorites) of one member of the poultry community, at least, who won't succumb either to avian flu prevention or culinary purposes, poor little b*st*rd.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windscreens of airliners, military jets and the space shuttle, all travelling at maximum velocity. The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windscreens.

British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windscreens of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the British engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurtled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's backrest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified Britons sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windscreen, and begged the U.S. scientists for suggestions. NASA responded with a 1-line e-mail: " Defrost the chicken first."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home