Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Thursday, November 03, 2005

What's in a name?

Well here I am six hours after my first infusion of what seemed like several gallons of Epirubicin, and I feel OK. Tired, but OK.

And the experience was extremely civilised, pleasant even - largely thanks to Erica, the delightful oncology nurse whose devotion to duty was so great, she even ran out after me to the parking lot, in the rain, because I had left an important piece of paper behind. Thanks, my friend!

Mind you, my dear old (sadly late) Dad has a lot to answer for. Word on the street was he went to register my birth having had a few too many celebratory snifters and spelled my name wrong - Su "z" an as opposed to the more usual Su "s" an.

Anyway this has caused chaos and confusion ever since and now has thrown three hospital computer systems into utter disarray. Here's how it went:

**Hospital #1 computer system spits out my name as "Suzanne" (2 x n)
**I get surgery at hospital #2, surgeon is annoyed by misspelling, has it corrected to "Suzan" (1 x n)
**Hospital #3 greets me for chemo and asks me to verify my name as interpreted by their computer, "Suzannne" (3 x n)
**I scream with laughter, email surgeon later to tell him
**He replies by return saying 'well, they got it wrong to the "nth" degree'...

Now here are some name ideas to confuse computer systems big time, as defined by an unknown author some years ago:

GEORGE BUSH: When you rearrange the letters: HE BUGS GORE

DORMITORY: When you rearrange the letters: DIRTY ROOM

EVANGELIST: When you rearrange the letters: EVIL'S AGENT

PRESBYTERIAN: When you rearrange the letters: BEST IN PRAYER

DESPERATION: When you rearrange the letters: A ROPE ENDS IT

THE MORSE CODE: When you rearrange the letters: HERE COME DOTS

SLOT MACHINES: When you rearrange the letters: CASH LOST IN ME

ANIMOSITY: When you rearrange the letters: IS NO AMITY

MOTHER-IN-LAW: When you rearrange the letters: WOMAN HITLER

SNOOZE ALARMS: When you rearrange the letters: ALAS! NO MORE Z' S

A DECIMAL POINT: When you rearrange the letters: I'M A DOT IN PLACE

THE EARTHQUAKES: When you rearrange the letters: THAT QUEER SHAKE

ELEVEN PLUS TWO: When you rearrange the letters: TWELVE PLUS ONE

AND for the grand finale:

PRESIDENT CLINTON OF THE USA: When you rearrange the letters: TO COPULATE HE FINDS INTERNS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home