Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Eye, eye...

The following I'm assured is a true story as follows, from Ariez - once again, one of my co-contributors to the US business website MarketingProfs.com. Here's what he wrote ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Suze,

My dad's an eye surgeon and he once related this operation that happened:

The particular operation in question was a very run-of-the-mill one. It was a straightfoward surgery and there were no unforseen problems. While operating, the eye had to constantly be cleaned with water from a small hose, and then that waste water was drained.

The problem occured when the pipe developed a leak and started falling on my dad's pants while he was operating.

Now, naturally, he couldn't just stop and correct this little problem, so just kept on working... and told the nurses to correct the problem. The nurses were running around but nothing seemed to get done. More water leaked down and my dad started getting irritated. He began screaming at the nurses to do SOMETHING. Still, hustling and bustling.... but nothing was done.

He finally finished the operation with difficulty and immediatley proceeded to give the nurses and all those in the operation room a piece of his mind. It was a big piece mind you. One of the nurses began to cry.

Finally my dad calmed down and then asked...

"So tell me.... what have we learned from this little incident?"

Nobody answered... all were looking at my dad.

He answered... "Dont f*ck with Randy when his jocks are wet!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet another example of how the truth is not only stranger - but also funnier - than fiction.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend and that what remains of it is good for you!

SUZE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home