Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Friday, November 25, 2005

Well, I'm all tooled up...

New wig, new boob (full all-singing, all-dancing silicone job) and yesterday I had my second Epirubicin chemo session. So far, so good again. Maybe I'll be one of the luckier ones.

Today I got an email from a colleague in Canada who has just lost his sister to mets breast cancer. He referred me to her website and I read it all - her bravery and humor is an inspiration to us all. I'm sure her brother won't mind if I refer you to her URL which is http://www.staceygaudet.com/ Her writing is wonderful, full of laughter, hope and love.

Now, it's one thing to go into the hospital for tests and have to hang around waiting while the experts find time to get to your case. However the in the following anecdote our patient wasn't so lucky. Or was she?

A beautiful young girl is about to undergo a minor surgical investigation. She's laid on a trolley bed by a lady in a white dress and brought to the corridor.

Before they enter the room she leaves her behind the theatre door to go in and check whether everything is ready.

A young man wearing a white coat approaches, takes the sheet away and starts examining her naked body. He walks away and talks to another man in a white coat. The second man comes over and does the same examinations.

When a third man starts examining her body so closely, she grows impatient and says: "All these examinations are fine and appreciated, but when are you going to start the investigation?"

The man in the white coat shrugged his shoulders: "I have no idea. We're just painting the corridor."


Hope you guys in the US are having a great Holiday weekend ... and for the rest of us that our ordinary weekends are going well!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I followed your link to Stacey's website. You're right when you say her writing is wonderful; her articles really are beautiful and very funny.

    /Dom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home