Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Monday, October 03, 2005

Failsafe cure for hiccups

UK-based JokesMeister Laurence Harris has sent me a bumper selection of medical gags from his huge database which will soon be published in book form, so I'm informed. As a regular member of his email jokelist I can confirm that his book is bound to make hilarious reading.

Some of his jokes are a little on the naughty side for a family audience like ours (she said patronisingly) but here's one that struck me as a useful trick to remember in an emergency...

A woman went to the doctor's office, where she was seen by one of the new doctors. After about 4 minutes in the examination room, she burst out of the room, screaming as she ran down the hall. An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was, and she told him her story.

After listening, he had her sit down and relax in another room. The older doctor marched down the hallway to where the first doctor was and demanded, "What's the matter with you? Mrs. Terry is 76 years old, she has 4 grown children and 7 grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?"

The new doctor continued to write on his clipboard and without looking up, said, "I'll bet she doesn't have the hiccups any more."

If you want to see Laurence's naughtier jokes let me know - you have been warned! - and I'll email them to you ... suze@suzanstmaur.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home