Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Grania's party trick

I haven't actually asked her permission to tell this story but I know she won't mind (will you?) ... anyway my double-mastectomy pal Grania here in England has created the ultimate vacation party trick.

Having bought a selection of bathing suits/swimming costumes with inbuilt foam prostheses, she set off recently with her husband for two weeks' sunshine in a luxury resort on a Mediterranean island.

Most days, with a deadpan straight face she would step up out of the swimming pool, go up to the poolside bar, order a gin and tonic in a loud voice and simultaneously wring out both her "boobs" leaving two puddles, one roughly in front of each of her feet.

The sound of clinking ice cubes would, without fail each time, be preceded by the plops of several lower jaws hitting the jaunty mosaic floor.

...wish I had been a fly on the wall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home