Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Martin's in a flap...

Martin Pick from Milton Keynes, UK, writes ...

"Two years ago I was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer. After a couple of ops and one dose of chemo it was decided I needed a more comprehensive course and was put on a fairly new treatment whereby live TB is injected directly into the bladder.

The way this is done is through a catheter. On my first of 6 appointments I was propped on the nurse's couch, trousers round my ankles, nervously waiting for this first treatment.

(I had already been warned that many patients cannot finish this treatment as it is quite aggressive and can cause all sorts of problems with the water works - so I did not know how I was going to react. And this was 10 days before Christmas!)

The nurse (she was fabulous) started to prepare all the tubes etc., etc., and whilst at her table with her back to me said "right - pull your flaps back".

Well, I am not of the Jewish faith so grabbed my willy, expecting her to come at me with catheter "et al".

As she turned to see me with willy in hand and skin pulled back she roared with laughter.

"No," she said, "your FLAPS!"

She meant for me to hold my shirt tails up out of the way."

No wonder people say that truth is stranger (and funnier) than fiction. Happily Martin is in remission. Many thanks to him for sharing his flaps with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home