Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Friday, March 24, 2006

Another chemo tea party and a little serious stuff

Had part 1 of my second CMF chemo treatment yesterday and it was like catching up with old friends...David the nurse was back from a fabulous 4-week vacation in New Zealand so we bombarded him with Kiwi questions ... my Irish buddy was ecstatic because it was her last treatment ... Jackie and I sat together and tried on each others' wigs ... and another lady was there for her first session ... very nervous. So we ganged up and cheered her on, and I think she found it a far less traumatic experience than she was anticipating. The first time can be terrifying - I remember that one well.

Now, I've been in touch recently with an interesting lady based in NYC, Sally Church Ph.D, a pharmaceutical expert who amongst other things runs a blog called OncoChat. It's aimed more at professionals than us lay folks, but all the same it will provide you with useful knowledge. In it Sally posts her own views of all the latest developments in oncology, worldwide. Have a look and bookmark it; click here to view. (And as soon as I figure out how to create new links from here I'll include it in the side bar.)

While we're on the subject of technical information, here are some noticeboard comments found in science laboratories (originally from New Scientist magazine, I believe.)

~~~~~~~~~~

The fridge in the lab is full of really nasty things. The fridge in the tea room is full of really nice things. Please maintain the distinction.

Lost: the will to live. If found please return to the postgrad room.

I hereby withdraw my declaration that Trevor smells like a mongoose - the mongoose has threatened to sue.

The tea bags in the jam jar are mine and mine alone. I have coated them with a potent neurotoxin to which only I have immunity. Thieves will inevitably die a painful, lingering death and I'll then merrily dance on their graves. This concludes my COSHH statement (Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health.)

Remember add acid to water not water to acid. If you get it wrong the emergency services are on extension 1234.

The departmental van is not available at the moment. It can be found on its roof just to the left of Highway 9 about a mile north of town. Mike did it - but don't tell anyone.

The bins in the lab are for paper - not barium salts, manure or body parts. Please remember, 'cos Beryl the cleaner isn't into slasher movies - yet.


~~~~~~~~~~

Have a good weekend!

SUZE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home