Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Condom conundrum

Politicos in the UK are all of a twitter over the price of condoms, saying that the products' current classification here as "luxury items" means they are taxed excessively. Considering nearly everything else is taxed excessively in the UK the fact that dear old condoms haven't escaped is no great surprise.

However in the light of recent revelations that lots of good sex could be very beneficial for your health - including prevention or amelioration of cancer (see my previous post) - how can our dear UK government justify taxing condom users out of their brains?

Surely the money saved through the therapeutic effects of protected sex would far outweigh .... but no, I'm not going there. Politics suck, especially when like me you're tired out after a week's work and a mild dose of "chemo brain." I'll leave the arguments about taxing condoms to the sexperts.

If you want to know more about our condom-inium plight here in the UK have a look at this article on the BBC's website - click here.

In the meantime, let's not forget that the Winter Olympics are rampaging on - and here is a short anecdote that is relevant to this post in more ways than one:

~~~~~~~~~~

A man is out shopping and discovers a new brand of Olympic condoms. Clearly impressed, he buys a pack. Upon getting home he announces to his wife the purchase he just made.

"Olympic condoms?" she blurts, "What makes them so special?"

"There are three colours," he replies, "Gold, Silver and Bronze."

"What colour are you going to wear tonight?" she asks cheekily.

"Gold, of course," says the man proudly.

The wife responds, "Why don't you wear Silver? It would be nice if you came second for a change."


~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great weekend!

SUZE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home