Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hair of the dog?


Last Sunday we brought Ozzy, our new (third) dog home from the Pet Rescue Center. He's the cutest thing you ever saw - a Jack Russell Terrier / Springer Spaniel cross - and he's settled in so well no-one can believe he's only been here a few days.

Our two other dogs are quite elderly - 10 and 12 years - so we've kind of lost the habit of having a lively youngster around the place (Ozzy is only about 2 years old.)

So it took me a few seconds earlier today when I came downstairs and found a proud little Ozzy wagging from his tail to his nose, proffering his lovely, hairy teddy bear, to realize what it was.

It was my wig.

As we chased around and around the house playing a lively game of "catch me if you can," I was laughing so hard I could hardly keep upright. Anyway I rescued the wig, gave it a quick rinse and dry, and it's as good as new, apart from the odd tooth mark.

Although I'm only three-quarters of the way through chemo my own hair is beginning to grow back. So I've promised Ozzy he can have the wig when my crowning glory is restored.

In fact I think by then I might feel like grabbing the wig in my jaws and running around and around with it, too...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have a cat. The first thing I do when I get home at night is toss my wig and or hat on my bed. My darling cat loves to curl up to my headless wigs. I think he thinks they are new friends. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home