Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Friday, October 07, 2005

Defeating those tight-lipped doctors

The next time your doctor gives a vague answer to one of your questions, bear this neat idea in mind...(anecdote contributed by several kind friends and colleagues, none of whom are the original authors as far as I know, but hey - thanks anyway!)

A lady of a certain age, calling the local hospital, says, "Hello, dear, I'd like to talk with the person who gives the information regarding your patients. I want to know if the patient is getting better, or doing like expected, or is getting worse."

"Do you know the patient's name and room number?"

"Yes, dear. She's Sarah Smith, in Room 302."

"Oh, yes. Mrs. Smith is doing very well. In fact, she's had two full meals, her blood pressure is fine, her blood work and biopsies just came back as normal, she's going to be taken off the heart monitor in a couple of hours and if she continues this improvement, Dr. Robinson is going to send her home Tuesday at noon."

"Thank God! That's great! That's fantastic! Wonderful news!"

"From your enthusiasm, I take it you must be a close family member or a very close friend?"

"Friend? I'm Sarah Smith in 302. Dr. Robinson tells me squat!"

No doubt I'll be back before Monday, but in any case have a great weekend .... Sz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home