Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's in a (doctor's) name?

The Psychiatrist & The Proctologist

Best friends graduated from medical school at the same time and decided that, in spite of two different specialties, they would open a practice together to share office space and personnel.

Dr. Smith was the psychiatrist and Dr. Jones was the proctologist.

They put up a sign reading: "Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones: Hysterias and Posteriors." The town council was livid and insisted they change it.

So, the docs changed it to read: "Schizoids and Hemorrhoids." This was also not acceptable, so they again changed the sign.

"Catatonics and High Colonics" - no go.

Next, they tried "Manic Depressives and Anal Retentives" - thumbs down again.

Then came "Minds and Behinds" - still no good.

Another attempt resulted in "Lost Souls and Butt Holes" - unacceptable again!

So they tried "Analysis and Anal Cysts" - not a chance.

"Nuts and Butts" - no way.

"Freaks and Cheeks" - still no good.

"Loons and Moons" - forget it.

Almost at their wit's end, the docs finally came up with...

"Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones - Specializing in Odds and Ends"

Everyone loved it...


If you want some help with your business or social writing, come and see me on HowToWriteBetter.net.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM , Anonymous URLAGE.com said...

    LOL! Truly enjoyed this post and had to share this... True Story: A year or so ago, I had several (excruciating) steroid injections in my knees to help relieve arthritic pain. During one visit a resident doctor was introduced as "Dr. Paine" to perform the injections. I nearly left the building and, as first thought, I should have ran! I couldn't help thinking "name change?"; not a good name for an orthopedic surgeon. o_0

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Suzan St Maur said...

    Wonderful ... so funny! Did Dr Paine see the joke, or had s/he heard that one too many times previously? :-)

     
  • At 4:47 PM , Anonymous Cancer Survival said...

    LOL! Truly enjoyed this post and had to share this

    This entry was posted by Survival Rate

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home