Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Can you shout that a bit louder, please?


Hello again and welcome to an amusing little scenario that happened to me yesterday.

Picture this example of what should have been the filming of some reality TV...

SCENE: Interior, waiting area stretching across what amounts to a long, wide corridor - large radiology department of even larger British hospital...about 40 people sitting around waiting, some anxious, some thrilled (well, the pregnant women waiting for ultrasounds, anyway) others chatting, reading, staring out of window.

NURSE: (AT FAR END OF SPACE, SHOUTING ACROSS ALL OTHER PATIENTS WAITING) Suzan St Maur please!

SUZE: (AT OTHER END OF SPACE, SHOUTING BACK) Won't be a moment, just going to the Ladies' Room quickly!

NURSE: (STILL SHOUTING) No, we're doing your kidneys, you must have a full bladder!

SUZE: (THINKS FOR A MOMENT, THEN SHOUTING) I haven't GOT a bladder! I wee into a bag!

SOUND EFFECTS: Total silence, followed by noise of 40-odd lower jaws hitting the floor.

40-odd heads swivel as if on tripods as Suze walks cheerfully past them to join exceedingly embarrassed and flustered nurse at other end of space. Flustered nurse begins apologizing profusely until she realizes Suze is convulsed with laughter, so starts laughing too.

Happy ending. (And my kidneys are OK for now.)

What news from you? Please share in a comment here.

Sz xx

PS ... if you want to see what I do for a day job (a site called HowToWriteBetter.net) click here. I look forward to catching up with you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home