Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Cool calendar - with a slice of lemon

My good friend Wendy C pointed out this great calendar for 2007 - raising money for one of the major cancer charities over here in the UK, Cancer Backup. Although UK based its audience is international and it does a great job.

Have a look here, at the folks who are promoting the calendar. I've just bought one and I'm looking forward to hanging it on my wall come January 1st.

I'm doing OK and hope to be put on Herceptin in November. As I mentioned in my previous post, here in the UK the regional health authorities vary a lot in their promptness to pay for Herceptin for early BC sufferers ... and my local authority happens to be one of those which is dragging its feet for as long as it can wriggle out of coughing up.

As I can't afford to pay the necessary GBP £20,000 for the drug per annum, it's a waiting game.

However soon the excuses and the filibustering will expire, and the National Health Service will have to perform under their obligation (paid for by our taxes) to provide free treatment.

Anyway, how's this for a smile for the week, dedicated to all of us girls who are no longer paired off in marital bliss?

~~~~~~~~~~

The woman applying for a job in a Florida lemon grove seemed way too qualified for the job.

"Look Miss," said the foreman, "have you any actual experience in picking lemons?"

"Well, as a matter if fact, yes!" she replied. "I've been divorced three times."


~~~~~~~~~~

Don't I know the feeling...

Love to all

SUZE

1 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your story is an inspiration and a great help to people who are new to all this. I hope you continue to do well and never ever have to go through any of that again. Good luck in getting the Herceptin. It's sad it's so hard to get there.
    Lillian

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home