Cancer Comic Strip

My name is Suzan St Maur and I've had cancer twice. I find that humor helps me get through my cancer, and from what I understand it helps many others too. This blog is dedicated not to information about the disease, but to cancer warriors and their relatives/friends who just want some cheering chuckles. By all means share your funny stories and jokes with us - email them to suze @ suzanstmaur.com (If you want to know more about me see my profile on here or http://HowToWriteBetter.net)

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's vampire time for me

In a fit of peak no doubt caused by hospital visit withdrawal symptoms, my body has now found a clever way to get me back in.

Noticing that one of my legs was fatter - even fatter - than the other I had it checked and I now have a small deep vein thrombosis in the left thigh.

So I have been commuting to the vampire department at our regional hospital daily for over a week. My abdomen looks like a road map of Ontario after all the heparin shots, and the inner-elbow vein in my only available arm (other has lymphedoema) is standing out holding a up a white flag and saying "enough, already."

But still the vampires must taste my blood, although we're now down to every other day. And I'm chewing rat poison pills every evening (a.k.a. warfarin.)

Anyway, all thanks must go to the good folks at the Anti-Coagulant department of Northampton General Hospital who have been treating me so good humouredly. (See pic, above, senior member of their staff...)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home